Made with organic, cold pressed aloe vera, lavender, helichrysum and rosehip seed oils, this sunscreen protects and helps to repair skin. Our Aloe Vera & Lavender Sunscreen is made for those that need protection from the sun but also need a little extra love for their irritated or sensitive skin. All the ingredients used are for promoting gentle sun care for easily irritated skin and needing to repair from over exposure. Not only does this sunscreen calm irritated skin, it also works to keep skin looking rejuvenated and moisturized (thanks to the helichrysum oil and rosehip seed oil). Approximately 30 SPF of UVA and UVB broad spectrum protection with 20% zinc oxide.
This is great for:
- Dry, normal, oily skin types
- Skin with irritations like bug bites and over exposure to the sun
- Skin that is not overly sensitive to essential oils
This sunscreen uses oils that mimic our skin's natural chemical composition so that it will absorb quickly.
All our sunscreens are made with organic and natural ingredients that are;
- 100% plant and mineral based & cruelty-free
- Naturally water-resistant
- Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores so it's good to use as a facial sunscreen too)
There are 2 different sizes currently available.
- 1/2 oz mini aluminum tin
- 3 oz large aluminum tin
We strive to make sun protection for people who care about what's on their skin and the impact it has on the environment. Every skin care product you buy is a choice about the impact you'll have. I want you to feel good knowing that no harmful chemicals will ever be used in these products.
A bit more about the ingredients:
- Non-nano zinc oxide is a naturally occurring mineral that provides the only UVA and UVB protection approved by the FDA for children under 6. Non-nano means it will not enter the blood stream. We strive to find sustainably mined non-nano zinc oxide.
- Organic aloe vera oil has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antioxidant characteristics and is a good oil based alternative to aloe vera gel
- Organic cold pressed lavender essential oil can be used on wounded skin to promote circulation and healing as well as minimizing minor skin irritations. It is also known to calm skin and the nervous system. Cold pressed means you are getting the maximum potency from the plant.
- Mango butter has antioxidants and vitamins A, C, and E. It helps to protect against UV radiation and also helps treat minor skin irritations and sunburn
- Sunflower wax has water-resistant properties as well and is good way to protect sensitive skin
- Apricot kernel oil & jojoba oil are light, easily absorbed and work well for oily skin
- Rosehip seed oil and Helichrysum oil have rejuvenating and restorative traits. Helichrysum is known as the fountain of youth in a bottle!
- Vitamin E is calming and restorative, helping to heal skin. We only used naturally derived vitamin E that comes from sunflowers or olives, not synthetic!
- Carrot seed oil & raspberry seed oil offer naturally occurring SPF and skin renewing properties
Directions for use:
Use the bamboo spoon provided to scoop a pea sized amount into your hand. Warm between palms until melted and apply gently to face, blending as you go. Sunscreen should be applied every 60 to 80 minutes depending on activity and should be put on anytime you are exposed to the sun. This is a natural sunscreen and should be used within 6 months of opening. It's recommended to keep natural products in cool, dark places. It may become liquid if exposed to extreme heat but will solidify once out of the heat. This will not affect it's potency. It is always wise to wear protective clothing or seek shade as your first line of defense form the sun.
Mango butter*, sunflower wax, apricot seed oil***, vitamin E (naturally derived), jojoba oil**, rosehip seed oil***, carrot seed oil**, red raspberry seed oil***, lavender essential oil***, non-nano zinc oxide
** Cold pressed
*** Organic and cold pressed
All the shipping materials used are recyclable and compostable! The box/envelope is made with post-consumer products and the packing tape and filler are recyclable and compostable. Your tin can also be recycled after cleaning!
*Please note that this sunscreen has not been tested in an FDA approved laboratory for efficacy. The SPF listed is an estimate based on the zinc oxide ratio and has not been tested on live subjects. All statements are for informational purposes only and are not FDA approved.