Do you love gardening/hiking/beaching it up but hate getting eaten by 652,987 mosquitoes? Do you want your skin to look and feel like that of an Egyptian God/Goddess? Do you want to know that the stuff you're putting on the largest organ of your body isn't garbage and chemicals but is actually vegan and reef-safe?
Yeah, me too. That's why I made this sunscreen. It was so hard to find something that worked and didn't make me have to use two separate items (especially when putting it on our little one that runs away from everything!) so I decided to just make it myself.
Lemon eucalyptus is really the heavy hitter here. Research has shown that it is one of the best natural mosquito repellents that we can use. Pairing this oil with non-nano zinc oxide, organic mango butter and silky-smooth organic, cold pressed apricot oil makes for an effective sunscreen that goes on light.
This is an oil based sunscreen that is made with organic, raw and cold-pressed ingredients that are:
- 100% plant and mineral based & cruelty-free - Reef-safe - Biodegradable - Naturally water-resistant - Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores so it's good to use as a facial sunscreen too)
There are 2 different sizes currently available. - 1/2 oz mini aluminum tin - 3 oz large aluminum tin
We strive to make sun protection for people who care about what's on their skin and the impact it has on the environment. Every skin care product you buy is a choice about the impact you'll have. I want you to feel good knowing that no harmful chemicals will ever be used in these products.
Each ingredient has a purpose, here's a bit more about them.
- Lemon eucalyptus, cedarwood and citronella oils act as natural bug repellents
- Non-nano zinc oxide is a naturally occurring mineral that provides the only UVA and UVB protection approved by the FDA for children under 6. We strive to source from mines with sustainable practices.
- Organic mango butter has antioxidants and vitamins A, C, and E. It helps to protect against UV radiation and also helps treat minor skin irritations and sunburn.
- Sunflower wax has water resistant properties as well and is good way to protect sensitive skin.
- Organic, cold pressed apricot oil & jojoba oil are light, easily absorbed and work well for oily skin. These oils are similar to our skin's sebum so they absorb quickly leaving your skin soft and smooth.
- Organic aloe vera oil has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antioxidant characteristics and is a good oil based alternative to aloe vera gel. This means that your natural product lasts longer since it is only made with butters, oils and waxes.
- Organic, cold pressed carrot seed oil & red raspberry seed oil offer naturally occurring sun protection and renewing properties for the skin.
- Concentrated vitamin E oil derived from sunflowers or olives for repairing skin and helping to preserve your natural product.
Directions for use:
Always opt for the shade or protective clothing first but, if you're like me, I just need that sun. Apply your sunscreen every 60 to 80 minutes depending on activity. This is a natural sunscreen and should be used within a year of opening or refrigerated when not in use to extend the shelf life. It may become liquid when exposed to heat but this will not reduce its effectiveness. Your sunscreen will return to its original state when removed from the heat. I recommend placing it in the refrigerator after a day out in the sun to reduce graininess.
Your order will come packaged in recyclable and compostable mailing material and may also be reused like newspaper for packing. Any containers used to hold your product will also be either recyclable or compostable.
*Please note that this sunscreen has not been tested in an FDA approved laboratory for efficacy. The SPF listed is an estimate based on the zinc oxide ratio and has not been tested on live subjects. All statements are for informational purposes only and are not FDA approved.